Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wall Street Journal Web site to be free?

According to this article in the L.A. Times, Rupert Murdoch is considering dropping the yearly fee for Web access to the Wall Street Journal. The yearly fee for the Online Journal is $99 ($49 if you have a print subscription), which I happily pay. I don't have the print subscription, preferring to read the articles online. I listen to the Journal's podcasts on the way to work instead of reading the print edition. The argument for making the online subscription free is that the increase in ad revenue generated by increased traffic to a free site would offset the lost subscription revenues. I hope that if they make it free, they make the archive free too, so that more people could read the articles to which I link.

0 comments: